Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Tired, tired, tired........

I am still trying to recover from being awake 27 hours from 6am Sunday morning to 9am Monday morning. I only slept 2 hours and woke up at 11am because I had a meeting at work that I could not cancel. I got out the meeting at 1:30 then went to my office to check on a few things before heading back home. I finally got home at 2:30 and had to stay awake to take my kid to volleyball practice.

I contemplated trying to go to sleep while she was at practice, but decided against it because I was afraid that I would be too tired to hear my alarm to pick her up from practice besides the fact that I feel worse when I sleep a few hours and have to wake up. I did a few things around the house and picked her up from practice at 5pm. Now mind you, I only got 2 hours sleep after being awake 27 hours....I decided to go train. Of course this had to happen on a glycogen depletion training day!!! UGH!!!! I took my ephedrine and caffiene and went to the gym. I also decided to use my entire carb allotment for the day pre- workout so that I have some energy to do the workout since I was so tired. I did my depletion workout and everything was going fine until I got to my last 2 muscle parts....biceps and triceps. I literally hit a wall so to speak. I got dizzy, exceedingly weak and very nauseous. I pushed through all that and did all the sets but literally had hardly any energy to walk out the gym.

Besides being tired, I believe that I ran out of gas near the end of the workout because I did not eat enough during the day prior to my workout and then carb loaded prior to the workout. The high reps and tons of sets ate through all the high glycemic carbs which caused an acute drop in my blood sugar. Not only that...the EC stack was probably starting to kick into high gear.  Oh well, I made it home and slammed a couple scoops of protein powder shakes and ate the rest of my daily food allotment. Even after I ate I remained shaky and wide awake but EXHAUSTED because of the ephedrine and caffiene. Needing to sleep but unable to sleep sucks!! I finally dozed off around 8:30pm but awoke at 1am to pee. Well, once I wake up it is all bad. I usually can't get back to sleep. So I was awake til about 4 am. Then I finally fell back to sleep. I was suppose to be at work about 8:00 am, but no way....could not do it. I slept until 10am Tuesday then got up, got dressed and went to work.

I got to work at about 11am. I felt fine...pretty rested. Stayed at work until 4:30 then took my kid to volleyball practice at 5pm. I ate my allotted carbs and went to the gym while my kid was at volleyball. I did my second depletion workout and felt fine throughout the entire workout. I picked Erica up around 7pm and we went home. I started cooking my meals for Wednesday and I ate my final meal of the day. I went to the grocery store, cleaned up the kitchen and by time it was all said and done, I was in bed by 10:30. I slept through the night. I woke up at 6:30 this morning and went to the gym to do some fasted morning cardio. It felt good. Around 10 this morning I started to become excessively drowsy and blah feeling. I think the lack of sleep with the exhausting workouts are just starting to hit me. I am out of steam. I am writing this on my lunch break and I am contemplating just calling it a day and going to bed. But, if I do that, my work just keeps piling up and piling up. I am already behind a day as it is. Decisions, decisions!!! I think I will just drag my butt back into work and finish off the day. I will try to get to bed early tonite. Thank God this is just a cardio day...no weights.

I am down to 132.4 pounds this morning. That is a 8.7 loss in weight since last Monday. It may be more than that because I am on my period and am bloated a bit. I know some of the loss is body fat in addition to water because I can see it in my face. Whenever I start to lose body fat I see it right away in my face. I also have more definition in my arms, legs, and abs this week. The UD 2 is working better than I even imagined. I usually plateau at about 134 pounds. My body hates to weigh less than that. I was shocked to see 132 on the scale especially in the middle of my menses. Well, I will take it!! BTW...I am continuing to hit personal records in the gym while I am doing this diet!!! Sweet.

Time to head back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment