Tuesday, August 23, 2011

5 minute abs.....whatever

Ok, I am going to ramble again in this blog about infomercials and magazine articles one last time. In my last blog I talked about an article in a magazine that claimed HIIT cardio was the answer to blasting all that fat we have lingering on our bodies. I have an even bigger issue with the ab commercials. Do 5 minutes of the routine for 8 weeks and you will have abs of steel. Do a 100 crunches a day and the abs will pop through. The ab roller machine....remember that? It goes on and on and on. HEY PEOPLE, THE ONLY WAY YOU WILL SEE YOUR ABS IS TO LOSE THAT LAYER OF FAT COVERING YOUR ABS....DUH!!! NO AMOUNT OF CRUNCHES OR AB ROLLER THING-A-MAGIGS WILL REVEAL ABS COVERED BY FAT!!!!

Let me tell you a secret, I can see my abs and I don't directly exercise my abs at all. I hate exercising my abs and I NEVER directly exercise them. Now don't get me wrong....I am not saying that I don't need to exercise my abs, I should exercise them...but I don't have to exercise them to see them. Lose the fat layer and the abs will appear. I still have a layer of fat to lose before I see my abs without contracting them. I can see some lines but not the entire abs yet. I am going to have to be around 10% body fat to see my abs without contracting. That is pretty lean baby. It will be interesting to see if I can pull that off without losing alot of my muscle. Hmmmmm.




In my most recent picture of my abs above I can see them, but there is a layer of fat over my abs....not water....fat. I have a long ways to go for sure. I will take another picture of my abs in 2 weeks and compare this pic with the next...same pose....around week 5 or week 6.

My depletion workout yesterday
Seated Leg Press 125 x 15 (6 sets)
Seated Leg Curl 70 x 15 (6 sets)
Seated Bench Press Machine 57.5 x 15 (6 sets)
Seated Row Machine 70 x 15 (6 sets)
Lateral DB Raises 10 x 15 (6 sets)
Standing calves 110 x 15 ( 6 sets)
DB Curls 20 x 15 (6 sets)
Tricep rope pushdowns 30 x 15 (6 sets)


I have another depletion workout tonite. 6 sets of 15 repetitions can be taxing indeed!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment