Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Think and Grow Thin....

For the 3rd time I am reading Napoleaon Hill's book "Think and Grow Rich".  Thousands of people have read this book filled with pearls of knowledge and wisdom. I am reading a chapter at a time, pondering the concepts in each chapter and applying the success principle identified in each chapter towards my fitness and nutrition goals. Good stuff!! Below is a link to a video of Napoleon Hill discussing his book.

Napoleon Hill Video



I woke up yesterday and today and threw some gym clothes on and headed to the Y to work on the demon stair master machine. The machine looks intimidating and so I was eager to give it my attention because I love a challenge. That stair master machine sits all alone, lonely and unused until I came along...lol. I am slowly getting my body used to the constant climbing of the never ending stairs. I am only doing it 20 minutes at a manual level of 6 out of 20 levels. Slow and steady...but I am moving and my goal is to increase the amount of steps each time I  get on the beast. Stairs do wonders for the butt....and I am all about the glutes, so I am up for the challenge.



Training
Today was one of those days that I had to make myself go to the gym after work. It is true that 50% of the struggle of the gym is just showing up. I did not even feel like doing squats and lunges after working all day and going up and down stairs a million times at work (I am not using the elevators).

Squats (no problem....I need to up the weights even more than I thought)
90 x 10
100 x 10
105 x 10

Seated Leg Curls....these were challenging for me today (I think it's because I am fatigued from climbing up and down stairs all day...and today I did a lot of stairs at work...as well as demon stair master machine at the Y.

82.5 x 10
82.5 x 10
82.5 x 10

Calf raises- challenging as well for the same reason...
145 x 10
145 x 10
145 x 10

Alternate Lunges
15 x 10
15 x 10
15 x 10

Pallof Press each side
20 x10
20 x 10
20 x 10




No comments:

Post a Comment