Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Your Mind is Your Most Powerful Weapon

It has been a minute since I have been on here, so I need to catch up on my past 2 training logs. I have been busy at work and at home and so blogging has been a challenge but I know that logging my training, logging my food intake, taking weekly progress pictures, and reporting in to my coach every week keeps me on task. I must admit, last week my food intake was way over what it should have been. I took in an average of 2200 calories a day (of unclean food at times)...well over my goal of 1500-1600 calories. My training and the additional cardio prevented any weight gain on the scale, but the numbers certainly did not go down.  I have this new rule at work...no elevator...ever. Also I do 9 floors of stairs twice during the day, and any additional flights of stairs are a bonus. For instance, today I was making my rounds and had just visited all the nursing units on the first floor. Then I decided to take the stairs all the way to the 8th floor to round on the units there and then work my way down. As soon as I walked through the door on the 8th floor my phone rang and it was the surgery unit on the first floor that I JUST LEFT!!!! Poor Darryl...the nurse who called me for help asked if I could come back down and help a physician enter some orders. I told him "I just left and just got to the 8th floor to make rounds!! Then I told him, I will be right down. When I got there, I sat and helped the doctor with the computer and then I went over to Darryl and gave him a hug and explained why I kinda snapped when he called. We laughed and then I made the announcement to the entire nursing staff in hearing distance that I am going to the 8th floor (taking the stairs...again) so.... give me a break with the phone if possible. So up I went and I started rounding. I bet in a day I do at least 60 flights of stairs or so. I have been doing that for a few weeks and my bum is looking better.

Reading material
Think and Grow Rich

Audio material 
Think and Grow Rich You Tube video- I am really focussing on his Master Key Principles. I posted a link of the youtube video in one of my blogs last week. Some pearls of wisdom that reached out to me...

"What ever the mind can conceive and believe the mind can achieve."

"Success is the knowledge to get whatever you want from life without violating the rights of others and by helping others acquire it."

"The line of demarcation between success and failure is so slight that it is often hard to tell where one ends and the other begins."

Today I was in a kind of poopy mood and whenever I get like that I put on some motivating music or gospel music or I put in a good motivating youtube video. Today I watched two of my favorite guys in bodybuilding....Arnold S. and Kai Green.

I love Arnold, because he knows what it takes to be a champion and he has an incredible will to achieve his desires. He has a great mindset...even though he did cheat on his wife....DOG. But I still admire his drive.

Here's the link to his video titled Still Pumping
Still Pumping

And I super love Kai Green because he is just an amazing body builder, amazing entertainer, articulate, and the nicest guy in the world. I had the chance to meet him a couple of years at the Olympia...a meet and greet type event where I spoke with him for a brief moment and took a picture with him. The following night, he competed in the Mr. Olympia show and a couple hours after the show a friend and I were at a Mr. Olympia after party dinner and he saw me and got his food and sat down at our table and we had the chance to talk. Great humble, hardworking, MASSIVE guy. I am one of his biggest fans...and was a big fan even prior to meeting him.

Kai Green Your Mind

Training on Sunday
Bent over Barbell Rows
65 x 10
90 x 10
100 x 10

Military Presses
20 x 10
25 x 10
25 x 10

Dumbbell Flyes
20 x 10
20 x 10
20 x 10

Side Lateral raises
10 x 10
10 x 10
10 x 10

Iso Incline dumbbell extensions each arm
15 x 10
15 x 10
15 x 10

Todays Training
Squats
90 x 10
100 x 10
105 x 10

Lying leg curls
25 x 10
25 x 10
25 x 10

Standing Calf raises
110 x 10
130 x 10
130 x 10

Walking Lunges (Killers)
15 x 10
15 x 10
15 x 10

Pallof Press each side
20 x 10
20 x 10
20 x 10


No comments:

Post a Comment