Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Brilliant brunette here......

My husband frequently calls me a blond underneath my brunette hair because.....

It is not that I am dumb....it just takes me a minute to process jokes or even insults. I am ALWAYS the last one to laugh at a joke because I have to process it in my mind first and then it clicks...lol. 

But ANYONE who knows me personally knows that I am not dumb or slow at all...hehehe. Life is good when we can laugh at ourselves and not take things so seriously. My thought is this, I am so BRILLIANT that my mind cannot process such simple things as jokes and insults...lol!!! Yeah, that's it!!

My workout was less than stellar today....
I started the morning with the stairway to heaven never ending revolving stair master machine.  People stop and want to talk to me about that monster machine WHILE I AM ON IT HUFFING AND PUFFING. I want to get a tee that says DON'T TALK TO ME WHILE I AM HUFFING, PUFFING, or SWEATING HARD!! So that was this morning before work.

Then after work I rushed to the gym after just eating some food that...well what can I say....did not fit the the definition of clean eating. My nutrition has been a challenge....not meeting my clean eating goals at all so far this week. I digress...I hit the gym and started training. I was nauseated throughout the entire workout and I struggled today.

Lat Pull Downs
70 x 10
85 x 10
90 x 10

DAMN Barbell Bench Press
65x 10.   I struggled with this warmup set... Yikes
85 x 7 WTH
85 x 6 WTF!!!

cable Face Pulls
25 x 10
25 x 10
25 x 10

Shrugs DB
25 x 10
25 x 10
25 x 10

DB Bicep Curls
25 x 10
25 x 10

****sigh****

So, lets talk my current reading material "Think and Grow Rich"
I like this quote...well maybe not the exact quote....I am quoting it from memory, which is not good..lol

What your mind conceives and believe, your mind can achieve....something like that.

So perhaps I should have visualized myself having the workout of my life...and believed that I could actually press 90 pounds for 10 reps...

NO, this is what Annette thought as I walked in the weight room "I am going to puke that McDonalds chicken club sandwich all over the place" and guess what...I was nauseated the entire workout...but on a good note, I did not puke. Then when it came down to doing my chest presses, the weight felt heavier than usual and my thought was, crap....I am feeling weak...and guess what, I was weaker than crap. 

Hehehe......

So, a few days ago, I said thoughts are things.... Today I will add thatnthoughts are power. What kind of thoughts will you choose to have? You have control of your thoughts and attitude. Don't be like me, and choose the negative thoughts. Choose positive ones. 

So starting now, I am back to thinking positive thoughts :)



No comments:

Post a Comment