Thursday, July 11, 2013

I won't let this storm stop my training!!!


Earlier today the tornado sirens alarmed in the city of Fostoria. I was in Michigan during the bad weather, but I sat nervously watching the weather channel knowing that my husband, son, and daughter were in the middle of this storm. The storm headed north towards Toledo and the sirens alarmed in Toledo where my mother, daughter, son-in-law, and Grandkids live. My daughter was at work and my son-in-law and Grandkids were at their home. Thank God, everyone was okay. The storm never hit Michigan. On my way home, tree branches were scattered everywhere. I took this picture as I headed to my house a few streets away.

The weather messed up my training plans. Since the Y closes at 8pm, I could not train unless I went out of town to train and I just did not want to do that....so I decided to do my stadium training. I asked my son if he would be willing to video tape me do my training and of course he said yes to his mom.

So we headed to the stadium and the track was relatively dry and the stadium steps were slightly wet, so no problem. I could train. 

I typically do a brief warm-up. I may do 4 sets of sprints and then I do the stairs. I run up the stairs and then around the track which is a quarter mile around and I do this rotation 6 times....so a mile and a half and up and down the stairs 6 times. Depending on how I feel, sometimes I will sprint up the steps, and other times I may jog up the steps. 

Below is a video of my routine....edited of course. I am geeky, so you know I had to add my motivating Rocky music to make my video cool...lol. So for those who may be interested, the video below shows my stadium fun/training.

No comments:

Post a Comment