Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Eat, Drink, and be Merry Over the Holidays

I am excited this holiday season. I am approaching this season a bit leaner and smarter. I plan to enjoy everything this holiday season brings including the food.

I ate a bunch on Thanksgiving day and again on Saturday when I celebrated Thanksgiving with my in-laws.








I am not in any of these pictures because I am the the lady with the camera at all times...lol. But I will say that I had a great time and I had my fill of food and drink.

I got on the scale this morning and was up 5 pounds from all the wonderful food between Thursday and Sunday. The abs are gone, but I feel good....really good. This is the first year since 2007 that I did not feel guilty eating off the diet. The food tasted amazing and I savored every bite!

I am thankful for the gift of spending time with my family. I am thankful for the gift of food. I am thankful for the gift of knowing that food is not my enemy. I finally get that now thanks to my coach.

My coach feels that eating over the holidays is just fine. How cool is that? Now this dude rocks! I am really liking my coach lol. He posted a story on his facebook page and website that addresses eating over the holidays. It is cleverly written and should be read as if you were were reading Twas The Night Before Christmas story. I will add the link to the story at the end of my blog. Make sure you read it. It is good.

My training last week was good. Day 1 of my training was intense. Day 2 I only did 2/3 sets of each exercise. I was listening to my body and dialed things back a notch. Day 3 I had energy to hit it hard again and did all the sets prescribed. Day 4 & 5 I dialed it back again doing only 2/3 sets for each exercise.

Technically I should have taken Monday off from training since I trained 3 days in a row. But I felt strong and I felt good, so I listened to my body and trained my butt off Monday evening....leg day. One thing I am learning from coach is biofeedback.....listening to my physical, emotional, and mental self and aligning my training accordingly to my biofeedback.

Also, I am dialing my nutrition in for the next 3 weeks to lose the 5 pounds that I gained over Thanksgiving. I plan to eat drink and be merry on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day then eat modestly through New Years. Jan 1, 2012 I will post a comparison picture from last year to the now.

Check out coaches story and learn something fitness fanatics

Scott's Christmas Story

God Bless!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad



No comments:

Post a Comment