Sunday, October 9, 2011

Reflections of me.....

I awoke to the cries of my granddaughter this morning who was squirming between my daughter Kathy (her mom) and I in my queen size bed. I glanced at my watch....agh...5am. Kathy popped out of the bed and briefly asked me to entertain Karmen as she rushed to make a bottle. I smiled and tried to do my baby talk, but Karmen could care less about me and all she wanted was her bottle. Well heck....all I wanted was to go back to sleep. Kathy rushed back with the bottle and all was well and we slept until 8:30 am.



My daughter left my house shortly after they got up. I got dressed and took my daughter Erica to volleyball practice. I hate when they practice on Sundays!! It is ridiculous to practice on Sunday. Can't we have just one day of the week to relax and enjoy family anymore??

After I dropped Erica off I came back home and started washing some clothes and cleaning up. I stood on the scale and looked at myself in the mirror. No abs popping out but I did not look bad. I looked normal....I am looking like normal Annette.....everyday Annette...not carb depleted 6 pack abs Annette. I haven't seen her for a month now.

Then I hopped in the shower. After my shower I headed to the mirror. I noticed the grey hairs showing at the edge of my hairline as I pulled my hair up in a ponytail. Dang....I just dyed my hair 4 weeks ago. It is getting harder and harder to hide my age...lol. Then I looked in the mirror and saw the puffiness around my eye....much more pronounced than it used to be when I was younger....yep the bags are there and they ain't going away. I smiled. One saving grace is that I have been blessed abundantly with my mothers skin....no wrinkles at all. My mom is 67 years old and does not have a wrinkle on her face either. I attribute that to our ABUNDANTLY OILY SKIN!!! My skin is sooooo oily, but I have learned to embrace it not disgrace it. I don't try to diminish the oil either. People ask me what I use on my skin. The answer it plain water. I do not put any products on my face whatsoever other than water.

One thing I do have is uneven skin tone, dark here, light there so I do have to break out the foundation daily if I want to look my best. The foundation even things out and it makes me look better. Thank God for foundation!! I need it.

And dang.....what happened to my eyebrows?? They are getting thinner and lighter each decade. I NEVER have to pluck them anymore.....they just stay thin. It is almost to the point that I need to use some pencil highlighter on them. That will probably happen at age 50.

Then there is my hair!!! I have the thickest hair in the world and my hair dresser just loves my hair. She gets upset when I go to her and ask her to just straighten it out so that I can manage it and then braid it and put the weave in my hair! Yes...I have weave in my hair and I love it!!! Not because I don't have great hair, I have great hair, but who wants to curl it and straighten it and my hair does not lay perfectly like my weave. But on the flip side, after a while the weave starts to feel itchy and as my hair grows the weave gets loser and more obvious. I got a new weave in yesterday. It is actually shorter and the length of my real hair and it is straighter...not so many curls. It looks ok I guess, but I like the curly longer look better. This weave has more of the white girl look, not that I dislike the white girl look, but fact is...I am a black girl..lol. I will just have to get used to this one I guess. I will have it at least 6-8 weeks.



I am aging.....we all are aging. I am beginning to accept that I will never look 20 or 30 again in my life no matter how hard I try. Why try to fight it, right? I am 46 almost 47 and instead of looking 37, my goal should be the best 46 year old lady I can be. I am a grandma.....and proud of it. I had 4 babies and have the stretch marks to prove it....and proud of it. My eyes are starting to age.....I will need reading glasses soon......the first time I have ever had difficulty reading little print. I accept that.

This week I will probably be back to my blogging daily. I took some time off to truly do some reflection about where I am currently and where I need to go in regards to my life in general....not just fitness. The more I read Scott Ables stuff, the more reflecting I seem to do and my mind is heading in a new direction....for the better.

I am spending more time with what matters.....such as family time. While training and nutrition is very important to me, I am trying to get to the point where it is not my number 1 priority. My family is my number 1 priority. I am planning to train really early in the morning and make sure my meals are packed for the entire day so that I have plenty of time after work to focus on spending time with the family without constantly worrying about when I am going to get my training in. That will be a start.

So my goal for this coming week is 5am morning training.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


No comments:

Post a Comment