Sunday, January 29, 2012

Eight Weeks to go.....

My 49er grand daughter
Well, my 49ers did not make it to the superbowl. Grrrrr..... I am still feeling that loss. But along with that loss, I am seeing a loss on the scale.... Good for me.

I am starting to see the benefits of Scotts training and diet program. I feel GREAT and I am starting to shed the excess holiday weight. I am down 12 pounds and I am feeling much better in the gym. I have more stamina and I can get through he workouts without sucking so much wind. It is AMAZING the difference that 10 pounds of weight loss has on training effort. It is much easier to train when I am leaner.

I have been on point with the diet and my body is adjusting nicely to the diet. I have not craved carbs since Saturday.

Last Sunday, my daughter had a huge get together at her house to cheer our 49ers on. Of course she had a crazy spread of food and rice crispy treats...one of my favorite snacks, second only to chocolate chip cookies. I walked in her house with my bag filled with salad, rice, potato, and some lean beef and frozen veggies.
Me and my 6 month pregnant daughter 

I managed to get through the entire night without cheating. We had a fun time until it got down to the last moments of the game. It was a bummer to see my 49ers lose to the Giants, but they played well and had a great season. I am proud of them.

I see an improvement this week with my physique. I noticed minimal change last week, but this week my abs and my legs are beginning to have some definition. I have noticed a bit more definition in my arms too. 
I am back to the look I had before Thanksgiving and Christmas. 

I am losing the boobs and my fat is feeling a bit squishy and soft. Although this is a good sign that I am leaning out, I hate the soft squishy look. My belly is a bit dimply at the moment and yucky looking. Thank God things do tighten up in time. 

A month has come and gone. I have lost 12 pounds and am hovering around 138 pounds. Last year, I leaned down to 126 pounds, but I looked quite thin at that weight. I am hoping to see the 3 pounds of muscle that I gained last year. I don't want to look thin. I want to look athletic and be athletic.

Month of Jan 2012


I can really feel and see the squishy fat in my back. Look under the strap and see the soft fat hanging there....yuk. That squishiness will be gone by the end of February I hope.

My diet has consisted of ample clean carbs such as fruit, rice, potatoes, and lots of veggies. My protein sources consists of lean cuts of beef, chicken and fish. I am not taking any supplements at all...nothing.

My training is geared around hypertrophy (gaining muscle) and consists of the traditional weight lifting training with some functional training added. I do have a couple of cardio days thrown into the mix between my weight training.

I purchased a MacBook Pro 15 inch laptop computer. I am loving it. Not only is it a beauty, it is a work horse that is fast and powerful. This is my first Mac, so there is a learning curve...although having the iPad and iPods have helped me be a bit familiar with the Apps and some of the programs that I use on my iPad that is similar to the Mac. The Mac comes with all the bells and whistles that the iPad does not support as easily. I am loving it. I traveled 1 1/2 hours to the nearest Apple store at the Polaris Mall in Columbus to purchase it. I have been saving up for this purchase for a couple of months. 

What a beauty!!!!

My hubby asked how much I paid for it. I told him, you don't want to know....but I saved up and used my own money and so don't you worry about it. He was gracious and said, I am not worried, I just wondered how much it cost because it is so nice. Knowing you, you paid a couple grand for it. Haha...he knows me too well.

So, I am in a happy place right now. The diet and training is going well, I am looking forward to sending my report to my trainer....and my report will be simple this week. It will consist of that I am on point with the diet and training and all is well. Nothing more :)




No comments:

Post a Comment