Sunday, January 22, 2012

THE DREADED SEA OF RED


I had a good week. I stayed on point with the diet and training. I had a few challenges through the week, particularly yesterday morning. I had a constant craving for crispy cream long John donuts. I think it is a hormone thing. I have 9 weeks to go. I am a bit behind schedule because not following my diet to the letter week 1 and 2. I found it hard to get back on track after the holidays but coach managed to slap some reality in my head on Monday when I got my report back.

Haha....THE REPORT.....When I opened my email from coach, I was instantly overwhelmed by THE SEA OF RED. He writes his reports in red. He makes comments after sentences and those comments are in red to contrast from my own writing in black. Haha... There was alot of red. I felt like a kid in school that got a big fat "F" on an important book report. As I continued to read my eyes started watering like a baby. Yep, I was crying like a baby. I am a super high achiever and I don't like accept anything but "A" grades. I was in my office at work when I received the report. Let me tell ya, if one of my employees would have come into my office at that point and saw me crying like a baby they would have thought something major was wrong, because Annette does not cry.....at all, I keep my emotions to myself!!

So yeah....like a baby I cried and then I got mad. Scott just pissed me off...lol and I did a sista girl attitude and disrespectfully lashed out at coach.

After I stewed for a few minutes and reread THE REPORT I felt bad about lashing out at coach. He was merely being my coach and telling me the truth, which I needed. I realized that I was not mad at coach at all, I was mad at myself. He was right...very right. So, I humbly emailed him back with an apology....and not a good apology at that. I think it took 3 emails back and forth before I really apologized. Of course, coach was sweet and accepting and told me that he was on my side. I knew that. I was just acting defensive to his constructive coaching. Go figure.....I think that when I first started with Scott, somewhere I wrote " I am coachable. " Haha, well I wasn't exactly being coachable for a few minutes or so.

Well, I needed Scott to be stern. I had a perfect eating week, even weighing all my food. I did not cheat at all. And guess what happened? I lost 3 pounds lol.

Well, hmmmm I did not have a perfect eating week. I did decide to change Scotts plan one day....combining 2 meals together and skipping breakfast because I was hungry at night. I did that without consulting with coach first. Shame on me! I thought it would still be fine since I was eating all the right foods...I was just combining 2 meals together for 1 big meal at night so I won't be hungry.

It worked good for me, but a little voice in my head said...you better tell Scott what you did and make sure it is ok. So I emailed Scott....and here we go again.....he emailed me back No, no, no!! But this time, I just said, ok coach, I won't do it again. Thanks.....lol. I probably drive him crazy. Poor guy.

In the rest of my blogs I am going to compare my current weeks picture with the starting picture. That makes more sense than comparing the previous week with the current weeks because the changes will be so minor. So week 3 down, 9 to go!!!





















Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment