Monday, May 12, 2014

Seven Weeks Of Training!!!!

Loving my purple eye makeup

The Training

It has been 7 weeks since I made a commitment to myself to get back in the habit of strength training consistently. I have been going strong. I have not missed a workout the entire time and I am getting stronger and stronger. To accomplish this, I have to be at the YMCA around 5am every morning. I have found that I am too tired after work to have the desire to train, so I must start the day off right. The added benefit to working out early in the morning is having increased energy during the day.

Today was leg day and I am stoked to report that I have finally reached the point of 115 pounds on the bar......ass to the grass squats...set 3 of 10 reps. My goal is to make it back up to 135 pounds for at least 2 sets of 10. I wanted to do my normal Annette cheer and jump around the gym like a maniac, clapping my hands for myself....but I didn't because I did not want to disrupt the training of 4 dudes that train super hard. Of course I am the only girl in the gym and I did not want to be acting all girlie and stuff in front of the guys...so I waited until I got in the shower room and did an Annette dance in front of the mirrors....GO ANNETTE!! Just to add some perspective to my glee...six weeks ago I was only squatting 65 measly pounds and now I am up to 115!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!! All my other lifts are increasing as well. 

I have been doing a 4 day split between upper and lower body workouts. My workout takes me around 35-40 minutes....closer to 40 minutes because I no longer count my warmup set as one of my sets of 3 sets...haha. Pretty consistently, I do 2 days of moderate cardio on Friday and Saturday schedule permitting, but if I do not get the cardio in, I don't care. Cardio is just a filler for me...gets me to the gym anti more, you know, icing on the cake.


The Nutrition 

My nutrition has been on and off depending on my day/week. Some weeks I was more on point than off, and then I had a few weeks that I was off point more than on point. Last week, I was just off plan the entire time. 

I am down 3 pounds in 7 weeks....haha, so that tells me a few things....

#1. I am gaining precious muscle (yay) 
#2. I am not eating clean enough (boo)

When I look in the mirror I definitely see a difference, even though the scale says otherwise. I am leaning out even though my diet is not perfect. 

The Job

My job has been a bit on the stressful side, more responsibility with less resources. I am in the process of learning an entirely different role as a system administrator for our system outpatient cancer centers in addition to maintaining my current role supporting the inpatient clinical electronic applications. I was hoping to be selected as part of the build team for a new application that ProMedica will be moving to in 18 months, but I was asked to remain supporting the current product and then I would move forward to support the EPIC product once it is built. I really wanted to get the build experience since I have 2 years of supporting an application, but God has something else in mind for me. Things happen for a reason and so I am ok with it most days. A few weeks back, I was asked to add the system administrator role to my duties and so now I have an entirely different focus for a bit. This will be challenging. 

Fun News

This weekend my youngest daughter went to prom. I had fun doing her makeup and helping with her hair. She looked stunning!



 JOY JOY JOY

I love, love, love makeup and I found an amazing buy. I was at the beauty supply store and I saw these individual eyeshadows that looked stunning. I only bought 3 because I figured they would be poor quality since they were only a buck per shadow. Is swatched them when I got home and found that the quality matched the quality of some of my high end shadows which can run between $15-30 a shadow. 

The next day I went back to the store and bought several more shadows along with the $2.99 palette quads to house the shadows. What a steal!!!!


I still have not purchased a camera, so no progress pictures to post. I need to get a camera!! The only reason I am not posting pics is because I need a new camera!  I think  that I would work harder on my diet if I were posting progress pictures. I need to get a camera!!!!

Ha, it has been a long time since I posted a blog. It feels good to post again :)












No comments:

Post a Comment