Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Oh no.....strained glute muscle

I trained yesterday and did not adequately warm up and strained my right glute muscle doing squats with 50 lb dumbbells. I am so upset about this. The strain is minor and I noticed it immediately after my 2/3 sets of squats. I finished the 3rd set of squats being really careful not to cause more pain or injury. I actually finished my entire training but felt the right glute whenever I did any stepping motion or forward lunges. Dang it!! Woke up this morning with some minor discomfort. On a scale of 1-10 my discomfort was about a 2 when I climbed my stairs. I stretched the muscle mildly and and warmed it up by doing some simple step ups on just one step. That seemed to help the discomfort. From there I did my normal daily activities with just some very mild discomfort.

This evening I trained and had some glute work in this training. I took the time to adequately warm up and do some mild stretching prior to my strength training. I made it through the workout fine. We will see how I feel tomorrow.

Day 3 of the new diet down. I can honestly say that this diet is not bad at all so far. I do not have any cravings for sweets at all. I think that is due to the fact that I am getting plenty of carbs in fruit and whole grains. I do not feel deprived one bit.



As far as the rebound affect that Scott said I would see, I have not experienced to this point. He figured that since he increased my carbs...substantially.....I would see a gain in weight. Well I have not experienced that so far. Monday I weighed in after my glutton of a weekend at 140.1 pounds and I started my TOM. Today I was down to 136.9. Maybe it's new diet beginners luck.

This is week 2 of this MET training routine I am doing. Last week killed me. But the body is amazing. It is like all my cells remembered the grueling 5 days of hammering my muscles and sucking wind last week and they somehow fortified themselves with some extra oomph. The first 2 workouts have been easier for me this week. The training is still a killer but I am better prepared for the dungeon workout. Maybe it is a combination of the increased carbs as well as muscle memory that is making it easier. Yesterdays workout took me only 1 hour and the same workout took me an hour and a half last week. Tonites workout only took me 35 minutes tonite and it took me 55 minutes last week.

It's almost midnight as I write this blog while listening to some Micheal Jackson. I better get my butt to bed.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. The human body consists of various systems performing a multitude of functions. Every action is determined and stimulated as per the nervous system. Similarly, the actions to move a limb or any other body part are conditioned by the muscular system. Muscle, known for its elasticity, contracts to help the various body movements. Not only this, muscles also determine the shape of the human body. It is. therefore, necessary to keep the muscles in shape, for an active and proper functioning of the body. This can be achieved by Building Muscles.

    Flora Synergy Flora Synergy

    ReplyDelete